Monday, November 17, 2014

Fall, Fall, Fall!!

I have always loved fall. I think most people feel that way. The crisp, cool air, the changing leaves, the smell of fire in the air. That was something that Texas lacked. I always missed fall when I was at Baylor and I missed it the 5 years that we lived in Austin as well. But now that we're in Idaho, fall is back!  

We are very fortunate to have a massive backyard full of beautiful old trees.  Fortunate ten months out of the year.  I had forgotten how much I disliked raking leaves! And let me tell you, we had some leaves! We spent about three weekends bagging them and then a very rushed Wednesday night in the dark trying to get the rest up before our first snow fall last week! We got them up in just the knick of time.  It snowed about 5 inches on Thursday and has been in the single digits every evening.  I think fall is officially over here in Idaho. 

Knox's first leaf pile jump!


Isla loved the leaf jump too!


their favorite was for us to cover them up and pretend we couldn't find them- this is Isla popping out "here I am!"
In case you're wondering- this is what our backyard looks like now! Hello, my first "real" winter and I am terrified!! 


-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment