Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Grandpa came to Boise!

Knox & Isla are lucky to have such wonderful grandparents.  Even though we seem to always live far away they always make an effort to be at someone's birthday, which is really special for Knox & Isla. This year Kyle's family is visiting us for Knox's birthday, so my Dad came for Isla's birthday.  She's a big Grandpa fan, so it was really fun to have him around.  

Isla first thing in the morning- belly, crown & milk- this is EVERY morning

My Dad hadn't been to Boise before so we tried to show him around around new town.  It's full-blown fall in Boise so it was beautiful to drive him around town all weekend. We went to a local farm for their Harvest Festival.  This is one of my favorite fall things to do so I was excited.  It was supposed to be 70 so we didn't really plan for it only being 40 degrees when we arrived at the farm! But aside from the chill, we had a lot of fun.

the petting zoo
Isla loved the swings
Isla doing the pumpkin launcher

the gang braving the cold
Isla got her b'day pony ride! (knox wouldn't be left out)
Knox & Grandpa
Knox & Kyle on the pedal tractors
riding the Hayride
Isla loves her Grandpa!
We waited for Grandpa to get here to carve our pumpkin. Kyle is a master carver so we basically just watched him work.  Isla loved playing with the guts and Knox wouldn't even touch them- ha!

go Kyle!
the ponytail just kills me
Our last outing was to the Boise Zoo.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I went there this summer, with my mom, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The Austin Zoo was less than impressive so I had low expectations considering how small Boise is compared to Austin but it was actually really great!  It reminds me of the Waco Zoo, which is one of my favorites- Sic 'em bears!

this was the best I could get!
Knox & Isla got to feed the Sloth Bear...Isla just grabbed the worms and Knox wouldn't even touch them :)
Our visit was perfect and we were all sad that Grandpa had to go back to Virginia. But we'll be there soon for Thanksgiving!

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment