Saturday, December 13, 2014

Our first snow

I have been nervous about the Boise winter since we decided to move to Idaho.  I have never liked being cold so it's made things like visiting Kyle's family in Spokane and skiing (back when we used to actually do that) a little more difficult.  But once we settled into the Texas "winter", I was happy with my 40 degree winters (but usually more like 60 degrees).  The idea of snow and below freezing temperatures makes me experience the actual emotion of fear.  I. hate. it.  However, with that said I am doing good in Boise so far! We've had an abnormally warm winter this year (fingers crossed it will stay that way) except for one pretty big snow storm back in November.  I didn't even realize it was going to snow so it kind of snuck up on us.  But we probably got about 7 inches over the course of 2 days and it stuck around for over a week since the temperatures didn't get much over 10 degrees during the day.  I actually saw it say 3 degrees outside one morning, what?! That is too much for me. But the Lord knew what I could handle and thank goodness our house kept the heat in beautifully and I was only cold on the rare occasion that I had to go outside during that 8 day stretch (and believe me that wasn't very often).

our backyard in the snow storm

Knox & Isla making snow angels

Knox helping daddy chop the firewood
I'll give Knox & Isla credit- for being full-blown Texans those two loved the snow!  I was prepared for the weather and they both had ski pants, ski boots, ski gloves, hats, long underwear- it look almost 20 minutes to get all geared up to go outside and then you could only stay outside about 30 minutes- ha! But they had a blast sledding and throwing snow balls at each other.  There is a pretty good hill about half a mile from our house at the local junior high so we went there every afternoon while the snow stuck around for some sledding fun!
sledding with daddy

pure joy!

even Mercedes liked the snow!



making snow cream with the fresh snow- this was Knox's favorite
I may not like being cold but I do kind of like the snow. Fingers crossed for a White Christmas this year!

-Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment