Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thanksgiving in Virginia

As our usual family tradition, the kids & I headed off to Virginia for some pre-Thanksgiving family time and Kyle met us after he finished working the week of Thanksgiving. I was a little nervous about the flight (I always am) but it was really good. This was Isla's first trip with her own seat and it made a huge difference!  They both watched videos most of the flights and didn't cause too much disruption.  All in all it was a good trip there!

you may not buckle me in mom!

Knox was excited to see Mana & Grandpa!

a little plane reading
We arrived on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so we had lots of time to hang out with everyone before the big day.  I got to go to brunch with my two sister-in-laws.  Valerie is quite the food expert, so it's always fun to go out with her and I of course always love being out to each without any children- that goes without saying!
Sarah, Me & Valerie @ Stella's for brunch
One of the hardest things about leaving Texas (after saying goodbye to all of our amazing friends) was leaving the TexMex and more specifically Chuy's. However, God has shown his light down upon Richmond and Chuy's has opened two locations in Richmond. So, of course we had to go! Twice actually and it did not disappoint!


We really had a great trip just hanging out at my parent's house and spending lots of time with family.  It was relaxing and just fun to be with them since we don't see them that often.  The kids had a blast hanging out with their aunts and uncles too!
Isla & Moses
We also got to spend some time with my Grandmother and that was so fun to be able to take them to her house and spend time with her. They loved going over there and she had fun things for them to do each time they came!
Knox working on his legos
Isla drawing at Grandma Charlotte's
My brother & sister-in-law are the best at giving thoughtful gifts. And true to form they got Knox & Isla some amazing slippers (pictures coming on another blog post) and I mentioned that Isla hates being cold so they got her some long underwear too!
Isla modeling her new long underwear!
getting icecream with Mana
On Thanksgiving day we did our annual Turkey Trot. The county that I went to high school in has an annual alumni 5k, so it's fun to go out and see people that I used to go to school with and my old cross-country coach. This year was the first time that Knox got to participate in the kid run, so cute!

Pre-Turkey trot family pic
Knox eating his "race" cookie, he even got a medal! (he did come in last though, FYI)
wrestling with Uncle Justin
For the past 12 years, we have been in Virginia to celebrate Kyle's birthday.  This year was the big 35 and my mom, Knox & Isla made him a VW bus cake to celebrate. 




um, you're a little too big I think Isla...
After 10 days, it was time to head back to Idaho.  Thankfully, Kyle was on our flights back so it was much more relaxing than the trip out for me.  We flew late and didn't get home to Boise till almost 1 am. It was a long trip but we made it back without any issues!

everyone asleep on the plane
We've been busy enjoying being home and doing "christmasy" stuff with the kids. I can't believe it's only 10 days till Christmas!

-Stacie 

No comments:

Post a Comment